Monday, June 13, 2011

Honeysuckle listens


...while Denis reads aloud excerpts from Travels in Siberia by Ian Frazier. (Where she probably wishes she was since it's close to shearing time again.)

            
     "At another stream crossing we paused again so the boy could get out. By now I had been rather shaken by the road’s apparent dangerousness and I used the stop to pen a farewell note to my family, just in case. I was scribbling in my notebook by the front-seat overhead light (darkness had fallen), and I didn’t notice ethe boy get back in. After a few minutes, Sergei said, gently, ('Sandy, oni zhdut...') (They’re waiting…) I looked up and saw all the Eveny patiently gazing at me. In Russia, writing is so revered that no one had had the nerve to interrupt me in what might have been an act of literary creation."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a bunny footstool! (so harm meant to the bunny of course...)

Anonymous said...

oops I meant NO harm to the bunny of course!!

wheresurtreasure said...

Oh My She is showing!

Is there a delay shearing until after the birth, so the momma can line her nest with soft fur? Just curios...

Can't wait to see pictures of the kits!

Anita said...

I like the naturally placed pellet in the lower screen. It adds an organic touch.