Wednesday, December 9, 2009

2009 Gift List from Toad Hall


This just went up today. It's a tough job picking the books (mostly) that meant most to me in 2009. Lots of good ones left out. I AGONIZE over choice. Denis always tells me to keep a list and work on them throughout the year. Much easier, he says. But I say, why do that when you can leave it until mid-November and then stagger to the office with a mile high stack, and be frantic about scanning covers and writing succinct helpful summaries that aren't pathetic repros of jacket blurbs and give yourself migraines?? No question there.

http://www.ransomfellowship.org/

4 comments:

Cara Herzberg said...

I've been checking Ransom Fellowship for a month, eagerly awaiting this list. Thanks so much for doing it!

Margie Haack said...

Cara, sorry it's taken so long! I don't think it's too late to order before Christmas. Completing this issue of Notes was delayed by our unexpectedly needing to be out of town for almost a month - family things. I've been concerned by the fact that it still won't be in the mail until the 17th! But that's how long it takes even after my writing part is done. Another reason to trust all things to God.

Cara Herzberg said...

No apology necessary. I am grateful for your writing and thoughts, whenever it arrives.

whispers of beauty said...

yay!
one of my favourite things!