Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Done with this



Still snowing off and on. Yesterday afternoon I stepped off the back steps, headed to the hospital to visit a friend and saw the snow had collected on the pansies, covering them with what looked like sugared icing. Tempting. It took some of the bitter edge off the fact that it is late April and still winter. Someone remarked that the photo of the flowers were  “amazingly beautiful …. like life in a nutshell.” Yes, I think so. God knows I hate being trite and yet how I fluctuate from slobbering sentimentalist to mean cynic. But who can help exclaiming when our best efforts are capped with icy beauty beyond what we could imagine.

Then I rescued a couple and fed them to Honeysuckle. She’s another beauty and a sucker for anything that makes photosynthesis.


2 comments:

Melody said...

Margie,
Swinging by to tell you that a friend sent me your article, "Bible Reading for Slackers" and it was JUST what I needed. I loved it, identified too well with it and felt so released by it. Weird, huh. Anyways, I just thought I'd come by and tell you "thanks" for helping my perspective a bit. I look forward to stalking more of your blog and reading more of your articles.
~Melody

Margie Haack said...

Melody, thank you. And am glad, once again, that there are compatriots who share my own foibles.