Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chickens for Toad Hall



      I've always wanted more chickens ever since we had a few hens back in the dark ages in Albuquerque, and I was putting us through eating hell. One of my little phases of you- may-not-eat, in this case, sugar of any kind. So for the paradox and inconvenience of my philosophy we kept bee hives,  fought the desert to raise broccoli, and included pinto beans and green chili in every dish. 



     Today I have a new flock. Anita knitted them. They require very little care and it looks like they’re already laying. Little Cadbury eggs. How nice. And so you know how far I’ve come, this afternoon I'm eating two of their eggs and am also baking a strawberry rhubarb pie – with sugar – to take out to Heartbeet Farm to share with Joe and Becca for the evening meal.


2 comments:

deborah said...

Love them! And no chatter and mess to deal with.

ccobratsville said...

I know someone you could make ANOTHER strawberry rhubard pie for.