Monday, July 14, 2008

Hazardous waste disposal: $5.00

The rest of the damage? Priceless. I hit a cement column backing out of the bank parking lot this morning. I shoulda walked back in and signed my life over. I was on my way home from Sherwin Williams who said no when I begged to return a gallon of “Mystic Grey.” Too dark. Had to go lighter. That was another money dump. And now I’d wrecked the car. I went home to tell Denis the news and look up auto body shops. After he sucked in his breath he was very kind and said I shouldn’t beat myself up. Dan, the kitchen painter, helpfully suggested maybe I could drive the “coach” while the car was in the shop, referring to the ad I placed to sell our old sofa, having accidentally listed it as an “antique coach” and I wonder why no one has called.Finally, there are fruit flies hanging around my toothbrush. Denis says I’m probably brushing with larva and tiny eggs. This makes me sick. If any one says this is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it, it’s going to take me a minute.

8 comments:

Jessie said...

Here, here! I saw on your FB status that you were getting estimates and wondered what happened. So sorry! May the Lord show His provision in large ways!

domandkat said...

I think I'd be going to buy a new toothbrush...

Margie Haack said...

Dear Jesse:
Send check. Even small provisions accepted.
Denis

Megan said...

Oh my word. I'm so trying not to laugh at your trials, but I must admit doing so this morning.

I'm so sorry. And I agree - at least go get a new toothbrush! :)

Shawna said...

You must be eating lots of fruit, so that's good. . .or at least good for you.

. . .And after all, what are the good days without the bad. You'd hardly appreciate them at all without that contrast.

Here's hoping this day is brighter.

jenni said...

Oh, man. Gotta love days like this. I'd buy a new toothbrush asap!

AliceRuth said...

Also laughing but with deep commiseration for being in the midst of muckiness.
You are loved.
Alice

podso said...

It never fails, does it? A "simple" construction job leads to ...

Maybe someday in the far off, you will look back and smile at all of this? Maybe.